Despite how critical the OT environment is to the business, it is often the least secured environment in the business. So increasing the security maturity of the OT environment has an immediate and significant impact on the overall security level of your business.
OT/IoT network assessment
OT networks are no longer isolated, but are increasingly connected to the IT environment and the Internet. Is your OT environment ready to take the step in a safe manner?
What is an OT/IoT network assessment?
OT environments often use legacy components and protocols, have access to external providers, and need to be available 24/7. What’s more, the impact of a security incident is potentially significant: financially due to the unavailability of the production environment and environmentally due to the impact on the surroundings, the environment or the health of the employees. The OT assessment maps out the current situation and provides advice on safety measures to be taken in the short and longer terms. To do this, we use frameworks such as ISA/IEC 62443.
Want to know more about OT? Read it here.
What are the benefits?
A fresh look at the current measures within your organisation – are the right tools, processes, and resources in place?
Inventory of all shortcomings and opportunities within your environment, including related points of improvement that safeguard the core activities of your organisation.
Suitable for any type of organisation, regardless of size, sector, or IT maturity.
Broad portfolio of technical assessments as well as assessments from a business and strategic point of view (ISO 62443).
Discover the weaknesses within your organisation before attackers can exploit them.
What will you get?
- A plan to identify risks, protect assets, detect attacks, respond to them appropriately and improve the situation.
- A technology-independent roadmap (multi-year plan) to increase the security of your OT environment.
- The identification of quick wins from the standpoint of the “low effort/low cost – high gain principle”.
- A complete overview of your current security posture compared to the target status and, if possible, to similar companies or industry peers.
How do we work?
- Workshop with the client to determine the objectives of the assessment and to map out the current environment in terms of technology, people, and processes.
- Possible installation of specific tools to create an asset inventory and to identify vulnerabilities.
- Report containing recommendations for the future: quick wins and a concrete step-by-step plan for the future.
- Preparation of the report.
Why is this a priority?
OT environments are increasingly integrated within the IT environment and connected to the outside world. In the past, the security of OT environments often received less attention, and in many cases, it is also rather more complex. However, the impact of a potential incident is often significant, both operationally as well as financially. And the company’s reputation may also be at stake. What’s more, we must not forget that an incident within an OT environment also has an impact on safety, on the safety of the employees and of the environment.
Is your organization in line with the new NIS2 directive?
We expect the Belgian transposition of the EU directive by 17/10/2024. Schedule your assessment on time to avoid fines!