Spotit complies with national and European regulations on the protection of personal data. Therefore, the European Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of personal data (General Data Protection Regulation, hereafter ”GDPR”) is taken into account, as well as the adaptations of the national laws to the GDPR.
Spotit will only process the personal data which it collects or receives for the intended purposes. Furthermore, Spotit only processes personal data that are necessary for this purpose and only for the necessary duration. Spotit commits to update inaccurate personal data and to correct and delete the incorrect or unnecessary data.
Spotit acts as a data controller in this capacity as it determines both the purposes and the means of processing personal data.
The term “personal data” shall be interpreted according to the definition set out in the GDPR, being ”all information regarding an identified or identifiable natural person (”data subject”); an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.”
This Privacy Statement relates to the processing of your personal data in the capacity of a visitor and user of the Website.
Within this framework, the following data are referred to:
- the personal data you enter on our Website, including via the contact form, the application button and the various registration forms;
- the personal data that you provide directly or indirectly when sending an email to one of the email addresses mentioned on the Website;
- the personal data collected through the cookies used (see below).
Spotit only uses the personal data collected or received for:
- answering your question (contact form);
- reacting to your application (application button);
- processing your registration (registration form);
- optimising your user experience and the Website in general (cookies).
Where applicable and where you have explicitly given your consent, your personal data may also be used for sending communications relating to security, networking and privacy in the form of newsletters.
You are not obliged in any way to disclose your personal data, but in that case, the provision of certain services will become impossible.
Transfer of personal data
Spotit will not sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make your personal data commercially available to third parties, unless you have given your explicit consent or in the event of a corporate restructuring. In the latter case, this is subject to prior notification unless it is not feasible due to technical or commercial circumstances.
Depending on the purposes described above, certain personal data may be transferred to third parties. Spotit will, in any event, strive to keep the transfer to a minimum. If data are transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA), Spotit will provide appropriate safeguards by making sure that:
- the recipient of the data is established in a country where the EEA recognises that there is sufficient protection; or
- the recipient of the data has agreed to process the personal data according to the “Standard Contractual Clauses” for data controllers or processors approved by the European Commission.
On rare occasions, Spotit may need to disclose your personal data in response to a court order or other mandatory law or regulation. Spotit will make reasonable efforts to inform you of this, unless legal restrictions prohibit it.
Security of personal data
As a security and network company, spotit is committed to data security. To keep your data safe, a wide range of technical and organisational measures have been taken to protect your data from destruction, loss, falsification and unauthorised changes, access or processing. It is also ensured that your data do not inadvertently find their way to third parties. If you would like more information about this, please contact [email protected].
Duration of the processing
Your personal data will be processed by Spotit for the period that is necessary according to the purposes of the processing.
You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- The right to access and inspect: you have the right to inspect your personal data at any time, as well as Spotit’s use of your personal data.
- The right to correction, deletion and restriction: You have the right to request us to correct, supplement or delete your personal data. You acknowledge that certain services and products will not be available in the event of refusal to communicate or the request to delete your personal data. You may also request that the processing of your personal data be restricted.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons. In addition, you always have the right to oppose the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes; in such a case, you do not have to provide a justification.
- Right of free data portability: you have the right to obtain your personal data processed by us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable form and/or to transfer them to other controllers for processing.
- Right to withdraw consent: to the extent that the processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent.
You can always contact Spotit to exercise these rights via [email protected] or via the contact form on the Website.
Please note: it goes without saying that these rights only apply to your own personal data. For example, you cannot ask to look at someone else’s personal data. For this reason, we ask you to enclose a copy of the front of your identity card with your request. To protect your privacy, please make sure to black out the place and date of birth, gender, nationality, card number, signature and nationality on the copy of your passport photo.
We will immediately inform you of the receipt of such a request. If the request proves to be well-founded, we will grant it as soon as possible and no later than thirty (30) days after receiving the request.
We would like to remind you that the exercise of the above-mentioned rights is, in principle, free of charge. However, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for administrative costs that may be associated with providing the requested information or taking the requested action.
If you want to file a complaint about the infringement of your personal data, you should contact the supervisory authority. For this, please contact the data protection authority: Drukpersstraat 35, B-1000 Brussels, tel.: +32 (0)2 274 48 00, email: [email protected] or www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be.