Increase security maturity using real life hacking, without malicious intent.
What is ethical hacking?
With ethical hacking or penetration testing, we attempt to infiltrate your network, just as real hackers with bad intentions would, but we do this legally. This allows us to look for the vulnerabilities and problems in your security and network policy. Of course, we never do anything without first discussing with you in detail and mutually agreeing on the process. The aim is always to learn how to better protect your business.
There are 3 options:
- Black-box testing: a test performed from an external perspective, without prior knowledge of the internal code.
- White-box testing: a testing strategy that uses knowledge of the internal structure or code of a programme or system.
- Grey-box testing: a combination of white-box and black-box testing, with the aim of detecting defects in a system.
What are the benefits?
Gain insight into infrastructure and application vulnerabilities from a hacker’s perspective.
Plan a pen test before a new application goes live, so that vulnerabilities are exposed before any damage can occur.
Carrying out regular pen tests allows you to keep the security level high.
What will you get?
- Practical tests that detect the vulnerabilities and defects in your systems.
- An overview of the potential vulnerabilities in your security and network policy.
- Insights into how to better protect your business from attacks.
How do we work?
- Kick-off meeting to discuss the objectives, including collecting info regarding the items to be tested.
- Based on several parameters, a time schedule is drawn up for carrying out the test.
- Execution of the test according to the agreed conditions.
- Spotit tests the accessibility while client’s teams attempt to detect the attack.
- Comprehensive report describing the technologies used, the findings and any solutions or work-arounds.
- Possible new test after the resolution of the vulnerabilities found.
Why is this a priority?
A strong and consistent security and network policy is the basis for data protection, but you only know how strong your strategy really is when you put it to the test. Through ethical hacking, we try to gain access to your network and data in all kinds of ways in order to detect possible vulnerabilities. That way, you immediately know where you need to make adjustments in order to optimally protect your business.