Spotit BV, Guldensporenpark 30, Block C, B-9820 Merelbeke, with company number BE0553.580.186 (hereinafter: “spotit”) acts as a processing controller in the context of organizing events and sending communications related to spotit. This means that spotit determines what happens to the personal data obtained and how they are processed.
Spotit complies with national and European regulations regarding the protection of personal data. It also takes into account the European Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of personal data (General Data Protection Regulation; hereinafter “GDPR”), as well as the adaptations of national laws to this European Regulation. Spotit acts as a data controller in the context of the personal data collected through the website.
2. Personal Data
This Privacy Statement relates to your personal data. The concept of personal data is interpreted according to the definition coming from the GDPR, being “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“the data subject”); identifiable is considered to be a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more elements characterizing the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.”
Spotit collects your personal data in three ways:
– Through yourself;
– through third parties who indicate that you may be interested in spotit’s services. In the latter case, spotit notifies you that your data has been passed on to spotit;
– through images taken during an event.
3. Purposes of processing
Spotit uses your personal data for organizing events, as well as sending out communications related to spotit. Spotit invokes legitimate interest for certain communications. This is the case, for example, for sending out invitations to seminars/events to spotit’s customers, prospects and suppliers, and for sending event information to those who register. However, for communications to the broader public, spotit invokes the consent obtained.
In addition, photos or videos may be taken during events that may be used for publication purposes (social media/website/marketing). You will only be specifically pictured if you have given your consent to do so when registering for an event. If you have not given your consent, spotit will make a consideration whether the images are “targeted,” i.e. whether you are recognizable or not. If not, the images can also be used without permission. However, if you believe that you are still recognizable, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].
Spotit guarantees at all times that the necessary measures are taken to ensure that your personal data is protected and only accessible by those authorized to do so.
4. Transfer of personal data
Spotit may share your personal data in the following cases:
– in the context of sending communications with an external mail hosting company
– The organization of events, their sponsorship. In the case of sponsored events, personal data will be shared with partners, which will be announced prior to registration. In the context of information needs and improving services towards the future, a limited set of registrants’ data will be shared with our partners, i.e. Company name, position and name. If there is no sponsored event, the data will not be shared with partners of spotit.
– Engaging a processor who provides support in the organization of the event.
If this involves transferring personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA), spotit will ensure that the necessary safeguards are in place to assure that the same level of protection of personal data is provided there as within the EEA. Spotit will under no circumstances unlawfully distribute, rent, sell and/or pursue other commercial activities with respect to collected personal data.
5. Personal data security
As a security & network company, spotit places a high priority on data security. A wide range of technical and organizational measures are taken to protect your data from destruction, loss, falsification and unauthorized changes, access or processing. Measures are also taken to ensure that your data is not inadvertently disclosed to third parties. If you would like more information about this, please contact [email protected].
6. Duration of processing
The data collected by spotit on the basis of legitimate interest shall be kept for as long as there is a partnership and may be used to send communications.
For data collected for which consent has been obtained, we distinguish between the data for which spotit remains the data controller at all times and those for which a transfer to a third party has taken place.
In the first case, spotit retains this data for as long as it is useful for communicating with the wider public and for the preparation of brochures or advertising material, for example.
You may withdraw your consent at any time if you no longer wish to be informed or if you no longer wish visual material to be used in which you appear.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact [email protected] at any time.
You have the following rights, with respect to your personal data:
– Right of access and inspection: you have the right to know about your personal data at any time, free of charge, as well as the use spotit makes of your personal data.
– Right to rectification, deletion, and restriction: you have the right to request us to rectify or delete your personal data. You acknowledge that if communication or request for deletion of personal data is refused, certain services and products will not be available. You may also request to restrict the processing of your personal data.
– Right to object: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons. In addition, you always have the right to oppose the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes; in such case, you do not have to provide reasons.
– Right of free data transfer: you have the right to obtain or transfer your personal data processed by us in a structured, common and machine-readable form to other controllers.
– Right to withdraw consent: to the extent the processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent.
You can always contact spotit to exercise these rights at [email protected] or via the contact form on the website https://www.spotit.be/.
If you wish to file a complaint for violation of your personal data, you should address the supervisory authority. To do so, please contact the Data Protection Authority: rue du Printing Press 35, 1000 Brussels, tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00, e-mail: co[email protected] or www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be.
Last updated: 26/01/2023