Every organisation (no matter its size or location around the world) that works with data from EU citizens must comply with the GDPR regulations.
DPO as a Service
As an external employee, the Data Protection Officer will monitor compliance with GDPR legislation but will also provide support to internal DPOs.
What is a DPO?
Our DPOs monitor compliance with all aspects of the GDPR, relieving you of all GDPR-related tasks. Together with the spotit Data Protection Team, a DPO has both the required legal and IT skills.
What are the benefits?
Under the GDPR, some companies are required to appoint an internal or external DPO. But even if that is not the case, doing so is still recommended.
The external spotit DPO can work independently and free of any conflicts of interest.
The entire spotit Data Protection Team has the necessary legal and IT skills.
The DPO can be part of a multidisciplinary spotit team. In addition to the DPO, a CISO, an architect, and a security engineer can also be part of that team, lending you, as a client, optimal support. This way, if necessary, spotit can take the lead on all aspects of your governance process.
What will you get?
- Complete assumption of tasks: the DPO monitors compliance with all aspects of the GDPR.
- An independent DPO who can work free from conflicts of interest.
- Wide-ranging portfolio of GDPR-related services, tools and support.
How do we work?
- A GDPR assessment is performed to map out the current state of play.
- A step-by-step plan or action plan is drawn up to remedy any shortcomings.
- The start of the DPO’s advisory and guiding role as well as the drafting of the necessary documents, declarations and registers.
Why is this a priority?
Since May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has applied to every company located in the EU. This requires the necessary adjustments. The spotit Data Protection Team, consisting of both legal consultants and IT specialists, can help you do this.