• You will work on challenging accounts with an intercontinental team, handling security alerts in the Spotit SOC, assist during incident response, building out new detections, and writing reports, for customers in the mid-sized and enterprise market segments. You’ll work on these engagements on-site, at the office, and at home. Though on-site and in-office presence is crucial, we do have a flexible work-from-home policy.
• Given the critical nature of the projects and services we provide to our clients, you understand that remediation and commitment to the client’s ultimate and acute success is a “must”. A clock-in/clock-out” mentality will not succeed.
• This role requires that you can quickly and efficiently deep-dive into the details of security incidents, understand what’s going on in either the user’s or the attacker’s mindset, and communicate your understanding to non-technical stakeholders. Every single incident must be handled with care and professionalism.
• This role must think on a high level with the customer about the most optimal solution for their infrastructure and environment through understanding their business drivers, risk aversions, and goals. A Spotit engineer always starts with the customer’s needs and from there recommend solutions.
• You will work with best-of-breed solutions from multiple vendors, such as Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, and Microsoft, and you must be able, willing, and eager to learn new technologies.
• Depending on the type of work, you can work with a team or independently. This is key for a Senior team member. Spotit’s way of working is a tested methodology where quality is the priority, accomplished through teamwork, accountability, and knowledge sharing.
• Above all, Spotit seeks an entrepreneurial mindset in this role. We are growing our business in the U.S. and seek a candidate that understands what it takes to build teams and grow business through delivery of top-notch results to our clients.
• Consultancy-minded approach to client engagements.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a Cyber Security-related major; or equivalent work experience.
• At least 5 years of experience in an equivalent role and a desire to deepen your expertise further and engage in challenging projects.
• You thrive in a team environment, easily collaborating with colleagues to proactively identify the best solutions for customers. Spotit’s culture is centered around self-managing teams that rely on clear communication and collaboration. Lone wolves need not apply.
• You are result-oriented, structured, and strive for long-term solutions.
• Professional, thorough documentation is a practice already integrated into your way of working.
• You are confident in front of customers and seek to find a solution to meet their needs. You stick to your promises and don’t miss deadlines. A proactive approach is essential.
• In heated moments, you can keep a cool head and focus on a stable and realistic solution.
• You’re a down-to-earth professional but you also like to contribute to a healthy, thriving, and enjoyable work environment.
• Through the experience of using and configuring Elasticsearch and or sentinel as a SIEM
• SOAR development experience (Cortex XSOAR preferred)
• Experience in using, deploying, configuring, and managing multiple EDR solutions
• Exposure to vulnerability management solutions
• Participation in an on-call service together with analysts and incident responders
• You can get up-to-speed with new tools quickly
• You can write code in Python within a mature DevOps process
• You can train junior team members
• You can present and you write reports with confidence
• You can translate security concepts into business risks
Spotit is a young company poised for significant growth. As a colleague, you’ll get the chance to help write Spotit’s story, establish culture and norms, and leave an imprint. We at Spotit not only love investing in our employees but see it as a must. Knowledge is treasured and from the start a personal development plan is explored. Your drive will be rewarded with an attractive wage, additional financial incentives, and a wide package of benefits.
Does this job seem to fit you and your goals? If so, please contact Rachel Huff: [email protected]
For additional information, please visit www.spotitsecurity.com
Spotit Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.